Vivek Ganti’s practice focuses on intellectual property, particularly patent litigation and post-grant review proceedings. His patent litigation practice involves developing infringement, invalidity, and claim construction strategies as well as engaging in discovery, motion drafting, and taking/defending depositions. As a registered patent attorney, Mr. Ganti has participated as lead or back-up counsel in several of inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. In representing patent owners, Mr. Ganti has strategized when to file preliminary responses, interfaced with expert witnesses to develop patent owner responses after institution, taken and defended expert witness depositions, and presented oral arguments before the PTAB and Federal Circuit. In representing petitioners, Mr. Ganti has filed over twenty inter partes review petitions leading to several instituted trials, handled evidentiary objections and other discovery disputes.
Mr. Ganti also has experience prosecuting hundreds of patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Through the course of representing numerous plaintiffs, defendants, and patent applicants, Mr. Ganti has worked with a variety of technologies including wireless and cellular networks, video transcoding, server-client systems, broadband gateway devices, packet switched networks, mesh networks, server blade systems, analog circuits, integrated circuit fabrication, power amplification, digital signal processing, Basic Input/Output Systems, other computer-based systems, and additionally biotech and pharmaceutical-related technologies.
Prior to law school, Mr. Ganti worked as a product development engineer at Intel performing failure analysis on silicon devices. During law school, Mr. Ganti worked in-house at two large technology companies developing and evaluating patent portfolios.
- Patent (including Post-Grant Reviews)
Honors & Awards
- Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers, 2018
- Legal Elite, Georgia Trend Magazine, 2017
- Northern District of Georgia
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Court
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- University of California, Davis, Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering, 2004
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA, JD, 2010
- High Tech Law Certificate
- Vice President, South Asian Law Student Association
- Technical Editor, Computer and High Tech Law Journal